If you’re looking for some relaxing vacation activities, pull up a chair & keep reading my friend!
In today’s busy world, it’s critical to take time to relax.
And, perhaps there’s no better time to do that, than when you’re on vacation.
If some much-needed relaxation is on your agenda, you’re going to love these relaxing vacation activities.
Why You Should Unplug & Include Relaxing Vacation Activities
Daily demands regularly pull us in a thousand different directions.
Making relaxation necessary for good health & well-being.
Relaxation helps to rejuvenate the mind & body. So we have energy, find balance, & can thrive!
Given our busy lives, it has become more important than ever to make time to relax on vacation.
To give the mind & body space to unwind and reconnect with our inner selves.
The issue of Burnout is real, so it’s critical that we make choices and create boundaries to respect our time off. That way we don’t deplete our energy and end up exhausted.
Why You Should Plan a Relaxing Schedule
Now more than ever, we all need regular breaks to reboot and rejuvenate.
To take care of our health & well-being. And there’s no doubt that many of us turn to travel to do just that.
We long for time away from daily responsibilities.
A time where we can be more mindful, slow down the pace, and find more pleasure & enjoyment.
Everyone can benefit from incorporating wellness elements into their travels. And relaxation strategies are no exception.
In fact, many of the things that create a relaxed state of being are also activities that bring us joy & pleasure.
For example, spending as much time outside is something we can fit into any itinerary.
So, it’s really not too hard to make time for a few of these when you’re on the road!
How to Actually Relax on Vacation
Now, let’s talk relaxation…
You know, the calm you want more of in life.
The feeling that comes when your shoulders relax, your mind stops spinning, & you just feel good.
What we all crave more of in modern life.
Last week’s blog post, 7 Ways To Relax & Unwind On Vacation, talked about seven strategies that can really help you cultivate a state of relaxation on vacation.
This post takes a deeper dive into the actual relaxation activities that you can easily incorporate into any travel adventure.
Know How You Best Relax
Relaxation will look different for every person, so it’s important to know how you relax best.
Be honest with yourself as you plan activities.
Remember to include activities that will relax both the mind and the body. And be sure to include some good old free-time in your schedule.
35 Relaxing Vacation Activities for Your Mind & Body
To kick-start your wellness travel planning, here are 35 relaxing vacation activities. You’re bound to find a few ideas that will inspire you.
1. Read a good book
Take a favorite with you or browse a local bookstore for something unique.
2. Study a work of art to experience another world. It could be as simple as a painting in a museum or even a fountain in a public park.
3. Walk Barefoot. Feel the freedom…
5. Explore interesting architecture. Whether it’s old, new, modern, or period like Georgian, dive into the meditative lines, patterns, & details.
6. Go on a scenic drive. It’s a leisurely way to take in the beauty without a fast-paced agenda.
9. Relax on a beach. Ahh…can you hear the lapping waves?
10. Take a soothing stroll in a garden. Escape and find some peace of mind in a botanical, landscape, or water garden.
11. Bask in the sun. Find a park, a bench, or even a terraced cafe and feel the energizing warmth on your skin. Then sink into the moment.
12. Breathe…deeply. It will clear your head & you’ll instantly feel better.
13. Practice yoga. Add some fresh air or scenery if at all possible.
16. Book your favorite spa treatment. Better yet, book in for the entire day!
17. Meditate. Find your inner calm, it’s so worth it!
19. Sit around a fire. Enjoy the trance-like relaxing effects and that one of a kind crackling sound.
20. Have someone give you a back rub. Ahh…
21. Lie on the grass & look at the sky. Watch the clouds or stare into the deep blue. Get outside and be one with nature.
22. Stargaze. Tuscany & St Agnes, Cornwall are both fantastic!
23. Get active with your favorite form of exercise.
24. Watch the sunset. Marvel at how magical the moment is, then close your eyes and stamp it into your visual memory. That way you have it for a rainy day. 😉
25. Practice your favorite form of self-care. Or even try something new, you never know what healthy habit vacation may kick-start!
26. Kick off the morning with a relaxing ritual, like prayer or visualization.
27. End the day with your favorite bedtime ritual.
28. Spend time alone. And enjoy every joyous & most likely quiet moment.
29. Do something you love that will add happiness to your day, week, or even year!
30. Lessen the pace & try a slow travel approach. Really soak up the environment & be open to new experiences.
31. Stop & smell the flowers, literally.
32. Take a hot bath or shower. Or better yet, find a jacuzzi!
33. Close your eyes & think of 5 things that you are grateful for in life.
35. Listen to music…live or recorded, whichever moves you! 🎶
35. Just sit & people watch. This will take you right out of your worries & help you to immerse in the moment.
Taking Relaxation on The Road
In the end, the right balance is to plan ahead, pick the right spot, and bring a relaxed mindset with you.
A great way to start your planning is by asking yourself some wellness questions.
Just a small block of time beforehand, will greatly improve the chances of your trip meeting your needs & expectations.
That’s time well spent, don’t you think?
Now, which of these relaxing vacation activities will you take on your next adventure?
Whichever it is, I hope you joyously engross in some much needed relaxation soon.
Life is too short not to be good to ourselves & make time to live our travel dreams.
until the next time…
…live well – travel well – be well
Grief & Travel: Practical Tips To Help You Cope On The Road
Mindful Edinburgh- 7 Places To Find Travel Bliss
Turning 50- Lessons Learned From A Life Of Travel
7 Ideal Places to Relax in Venice
Share, Connect & Inspire!